Nature and Key conditions of limited company registration in Hong Kong:
|(1) Company name must be unique.
(2) Company name must not include certain restricted words.
(3) Company name can be in English or Chinese or both.
|Shareholder and Director
(1) Minimum 1 Shareholder to the maximum of 50 Shareholders
(2) Minimum 1 Director (aged 18 or above).
(3) A company is allowed to act as Shareholder or Director, unless the company is
part of a listed company.
(4) Shareholder and Director can be the same person or same company.
(5) Shareholder and Director can be individuals of any nationality, domicile and
(6) Each company must have at least one individual director.
(1) A Company must appoint a Company Secretary (to ensure compliance
with ongoing legal returns, accounts, audit and other requirements).
(2) The Company Secretary must be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong or a
corporate body, have its registered office or a place of business in Hong Kong.
(3) If the Shareholder and the Director are two separate person, then either one
of them can be appointed as Company Secretary.
(4) If the Shareholder and the Director is the same person or the same company,
then a third party (individual or company) should be appointed as
(5) The sole director of a company shall not also be the company secretary.
(1) Minimum HK$1 share capital to be issued and paid up.
(2) Issued and paid up share capital is allowed to be less than the Registered share
(3) No restriction on the minimum or maximum Registered share capital.
(3) The liability of each shareholder is limited to the Registered share capital.
(4) Issued and paid up share capital or the Registered share capital is not
the required minimum deposit amount in bank account.
|Registered Office Address
(1) A Company must have a Registered Office address in Hong Kong.
(2) The Registered Office address serves as the company's legal address for
notices and proceedings and can be different from the business address.
A company must observe its statutory obligations under the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance and file annual returns, specified forms etc. within the prescribed time period on an ongoing basis.
(1) Profits tax is payable on profits generated in Hong Kong.
(2) In Hong Kong, many items are tax deductible.
Company Formation I Hong Kong Company Formation I Company Registry Hong Kong I Business Set up Sole Proprietor & Partnership Start Up I Shelf company setup I BVI company formation
Offshore companies I BVI shelf company formation I Cayman islands company formation